With an eye to the future, as the impact of The Initiative increases in the community and its benefits become apparent, we believe more young people will be drawn to a career in public health and nutrition. The Initiative will fund a scholarship program to encourage and make it possible for any one of these young people to pursue that dream.
The Christina Pirello Health Education Initiative Projects
• Initiate school food awareness educational program
• Develop and provide supplemental funding for a healthy school lunch program
• Implement an aggressive community outreach educational program
• Work with state and local government to bring farm markets to inner cities
• Fund public health and nutrition scholarship programs
• Contribute to the creation and production of educational media and PR programs
• Undertake to bring about legislation of health risk warnings
Success can only be achieved through education, understanding and action.